2.22.2007

Snowfight In The City Centre - No Light Left


Sometimes, on rare, quasi-magical occasions, a new band will slip, almost unnoticed, through your earbuds and over the course of four sparkling minutes convert you from curious listener to furious evangelist. Such was my first encounter with Snowfight In The City Centre.

It's obviously a tall order being a musician from Manchester. Between Oasis, New Order, Morrissey, Jamiroquai and the Bee Gees, the ghosts obviously loom large for any lads with guitars. Armed with a sound that could well carry them to the top of the charts on both sides of the pond, Snowfight In The City Centre, however, is ready to take on those demons, full force.

Without a hint of pretense, posing or pomposity their single "No Light Left," shapes up as a worldbeater of a rock song. Think the Arctic Monkeys on enough E to keep all of 10th Avenue loved up. All hummable melodies, shimmering guitars and a gently insistent vocal from frontman Adam Jennings, this track has the words "huge friggin' hit" practically etched into the plastic the CD was pressed on.

Signed to a UK indie, Something In Construction, these guys aren't on the global radar yet, but this time next year, remember where you heard it first.

Download "No Light Left" on their MySpace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.

I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.


my site reno lawn

Anonymous said...

I always emailed this weblog post page to alll my friends, for the reason that if
like to read it afterward my links wwill too.


my blog post :: clickbank money ()